Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Just Wandering

I thought I’d start my first blog by talking about the wonderful 'butterflies' photo I’ve used as the backdrop for by blog. I love the contrasting colours with the brilliant blue Perth sky, the white of the grass tree flowers and the orange and black of the Monarch (Wanderer) Butterfly. The photo was actually taken by my 15 year old son (used with permission) when we went for a bush walk in the hills region of Perth.  
We stepped out into a clearing, with lots of wildflowers and grass trees in flower, nearly treading on the masses of butterflies.  They were everywhere. I’ve never seen so many butterflies in one place or anything so pretty before.  I raced off and grabbed the rest of our group to ‘come and see’.  This is the kind of nature experience that needs to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment